Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Ret Paladins

Here we go! Retribution Paladins! When I first made Kelathos, I was on the realm Twisting Nether. He was pure retribution until about level 50. Then, my friend recomended me to healing. Being a healing noob, I stacked up on intellect and had a huuuuuge mana pool. I managed to heal some places fine but yeah...some friendly paladins taught me how to get bonus healing...

Anywho! This is a ret paladin topic! Now lets see. There are a lot of QQers on the forums crying about how ret is utterly useless and will not longer be used in raids/etc. There are also people CANCELING their damn accounts over this.

You know what I think? I think it is just an excuse to quit the game. Maybe they felt like they needed to stop letting this game take up the majority of their life. Maybe they just needed to stop blowing money...But this is only an EXCUSE to quit. I bet the majority of those people who cancelled did not even PLAY their paladin after the first little nerf.

And you know what I found out? Paladins are still fine. Its just we can finally run outta mana. I say its a little too fast. See, Northrend is gonna be a lot of undead. If us paladins use our pwn faysing exorcism and holy wrath, our mana seems to shoot down. I say these two attacks should have lowered mana so it does not take as much mana away. PLUS it has NO effect in pvp unless you intend to stun a demon pet/kill it.

I was in Karazhan the other day and tried cycling this list of skills.

Seal of Command (To start out)
Judgement
Crusader Strike
Divine Storm
Exorcism
Holy Wrath

This cycle drains your mana pretty quick. Although, if I had better gear, I suppose it could last just a while longer but it still drains mana like a bitch. Although, I was 2nd in dps below an epicced out arms warrior. But a paladin SHOULD do a lot of damage in an undead instance/raid. Thats what they are strongest against.

I've been in pvp lately too and saw that paladins still do a lot of the damage. I think we will be hit with another nerf soon but I do not mind. Of course I don't! I'm making a Death Knight straight away when I get Wrath downloaded. But I intend to level my ret paladin later on.

The thing is, people want to be OP. Ever since warlocks became "The OP Class" as a lot of people like to call them, there has been a jump in warlocks. A lot of people had alt paladins who they leveled up and kept in hiding until the patch. Then there was a big inflation of ret paladin players.

I say...people who wanna cry about ret paladins....just go start a new class you think would be better. Hell, Ret paladins weren't all that good at all! But I STILL played one. I continued to play it because I thought it'd be excellent to learn the spec, see the skills, see what kind of damage it can do. I don't care if I get raped in DPS honestly. Just the experience is good enough to me.

No comments: