Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Kelathos the Oblivion

Hello, I'm Kelathos the Oblivion, a 18 year old National Guardsman. I've completed Basic Training so far and can't wait to go to my Advanced Individual Training this summer.

I'm not very experienced in writing blogs, this is my first blog but I hope to do well with it. I'm a big world of warcraft player on the Server: Sisters of Elune. This is a mild rp server, unfortunately. I transferred my characters there after being on Moon Guard for a while.

Moon Guard was fun for a while but I found that it got quite boring at times, missing the many storylines that many people restricted to just their own guild. I find this stupid. Why limit your events to just guildies? Get some other people involved outside of the guild and you may find out that you event could just become epic!

On Sisters of Elune, I help run a guild called "Remnant." Its mainly just a group of my friends that used the free character transfer on over to Sisters, looking for a new place to start anew. We don't really have a background story yet. I suppose the description would be a bunch of unique characters coming together to start a guild and see where it goes.

Everyone in the guild is unique because I, pesonally, encourage it. A druid with blighter powers, a hunter that tries her best to be simple and boring, which in turn makes her interesting, a rogue with the tongue of a snake! I want people to be their own unique person. But, no, I will not have somebody do vampire RP xP. See, I want people to use their own ideas instead of just taking them from other's minds.

I ask them questions...Would you really want to be a vampire? You bite necks and drink blood? If you don't drink blood, you die pretty much? Eh, why not think...just think about what you want your character to have? Who do you truly want your character to be?

I have a level 70, Kelathos Bloodstar, a corrupted paladin who will soon become my level 55 death knight in two days.

I have a 70 human mage, Ignuss, who is a complete psychopath. He will be disappearing for a while in RP because of me, mass leveling my Death Knight.

I have a female draenei shaman named Stormclaws. Level 49. She is a silent farseer, barely says a damn thing. I made a female character because honestly, the male draenei look horrible. = /

A 46 undead rogue named Kelathoss. I don't play him often and will see myself lacking to play him even more when the expansion hits. There is a level 11 hunter dwarf named Nargin who is my bartender. He is a big element in Drunken Thursdays of the guild I help lead. I also have a level 14 warlock who is yet to be renamed. Now it is like Kitu12323zadddawdadsdf or some sort of thing like that. He will be the Game Master in the guild, creating and managing the gambling games I have created up in my mind.



Today is Veteran's Day! I am happy to see how people show their respect even if they are loud and obnoxious. Except for today, I saw something that pissed me off. I am a senior in high school, sitting in a web design class at this very moment. Over the intercom, the principal asked for everyone to have a moment of silence for those who died defending this country, those who were wounded, etc. As the silence went on, I was stunned to hear some freshman in the front of class start to play a song on his computer.

How in the hell can somebody be so disrespectful. He even started laughing before he turned the music off, pretty much snickering the entire time until the moment of silence was over. It just makes me want to punch the kid but eh, I'd rather not.

Who wants to waste their time on one asshat? There are plenty in the world. I would rather think of the good people, I will be defending whenever I get shipped out to Iraq. The people who respect us soldiers.

Anyways! I have gone on long enough for this post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Doom, doom, doom! Welcome to the bologsphere. Glad to have you around! Writing on a blog is simple: if you have something to say, say it. The people who care will visit your site, regardless of if they agree with your point of view or disagree. Even in the latter sense it's good because at least they care about what you're saying -- even if it's to tell you that you're a blathering idiot with your head stuck up your ass.

I hadn't realized that you were from a roleplaying server or that you were even a roleplayer! The odd thing is that I've heard a lot of good things about the Sisters of Elune roleplaying community, though we have the same problem with trying to get involved in roleplaying on Feathermoon. Those that are in roleplaying guilds tend to stick with their own kind while outliers like myself who are in guilds with friends and or raids find themselves struggling to get involved.

Again, welcome to the community! Good luck with the site.